Oh my Lanta, it has been a while!! I have been in the middle of starting my photography business back up, working again as a wedding dress consultant, and even scheduling commercials for TV…. right now life is really busy, but a very good chapter.
Amidst all of this, I had the thought to cut sugar (processed/extra sugar) out of my diet. Do you want to know what has been happening? My anxiety went down by 75%. If that doesn’t mean anything to you, that is perfectly fine, but for me, that is HUGE!!!!! I had no idea anxiety could be so closely related to blood sugar. Needless to say, in celebration of this tiny discovery, or victory in my life, we’re asking ice-cream dates to step aside for a moment, and presenting the best “sugar-free” dates from My Best Love! Summer is still in full swing, and there’s still time to make some plans for the weekend. I hope you enjoy some of these sweet dates—completely sugar-free!!
- Hammocking (they make double-sized hammocks that are stellar for two people!)
- Facial night (gentlemen have faces too, and it is awesome for your skin!)
- Go DANCING!! If it’s your best love out on the dance floor with you, and you sneak in a kiss…you’re good. That’s a legal kind of sugar. 🙂
- An outdoor movie with a projector (this is an awesome one to double or triple on)
- 20-questions and a picnic. Grab a list of questions off Pinterest, or each of you come up with them ahead of time.
- Disposable Camera Day is a favorite here!
- Shoulders rubs and a movie. Some weeks get intense! Personally, I have decided I need to either pay to get my shoulders worked out twice a month, or marry the Hulk… I’m thinking option one…
- Get competitive and play pool, go bowling, play some tennis, basketball, or whatever sport you enjoy. Maybe you alternate on this one, with each of your favorite sports.
- Find some good BBQ (yes, there is sugar if it’s in the west….but I think you’re good 🙂
- Find a concert, and if it’s formal, dress up like you’re off to the opera! (You can also dress up (suit, evening gown) and go to a movie–technically it’s the premiere for you!)
- Go find some service opportunities! Check out www.JustServe.org to find projects close by in your own community.
- Write and illustrate a book. “How we met” is always a fun one.
- KARAOKE Night (Just imagine my dad saying it in his Japanese accent–it sounds much cooler! 🙂 ) P. S. He does actually speak Japanese. There are come Karaoke places, but also getting a few other couples together and pulling it off Youtube can be a blast!
- Going for a drive, or a day trip, and singing with the radio. If you don’t have a “song” yet, this would be your chance! You could pick a town close by, or a scenic spot to sit and take in the view.
I saved the best for last….
15. Pray for rain. Go dancing in the rain, puddle jumping, or just have a “rainy day” and stay in comfy clothes, play card games, watch a movie, make breakfast for dinner, and just spend time together doing the things you say you would always love to do.
I am back, and you can expect much more frequent posts from My Best Love, but I hope you are finding joy in the journey.